Welcome to my blog.

This blog is a special place, it is a portal to a specific venue located in my mindscape. This venue is a spacious place, grand and filled with all that I am. It is here that I reside when I am not in transit, or not fulfilling my mission or tasks at hand.

It is a lobby, because it serves as a meeting place as well as a point of entry and exit for my travels.

This lobby is large, spacious enough to comfortably house all of my baggage that I have accumulated in my travels...physical, emotional, genetic, spiritual and of course galactic baggage.

Therefore it is furnished with eccentricities, art work that has yet to be seen, unfinished poetry, heroes yet unsung and music that has yet to be heard. This lobby also houses a library of information, some of which is meant to be shared, some of which is yet to be understood.

It is in this particular corner of my mindscape that I love to make myself comfortable, and I find myself gravitating and cocooning in this place as often as I can. It is filled with memorabilia and my collection of thinks and things that resonate with me. These things and thinks have crossed my path in my journeys.

This particular venue, this lobby, is accessible to you through this blog. By resonating with this blog you can visit this particular corner of my mindscape which intersects with a grand and special piece of your mindscape, where our worlds meet, where we can honor that place in each of us where the universe resides.

Welcome and Namaste.

Peace Be With You

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Child of God in Misery: On the Origins of Spiritual Retardation | Reality Sandwich

English: Statue of John Lennon in public park,...English: Statue of John Lennon in public park, Vedado, Havana. December 2006. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)






Here is an excerpt from a very candid and very interesting article.
From the perspective of a traveler, we see a battle of repelling energies and confrontations with energetic toxicity that revealed themselves along his trip. His crossing of paths with "spiritual retardation" is brilliantly described. What causes this spiritual retardation? What was revealed to him in the aisle of the shop in the gas station at Muleshoe, Texas?

A Child of God in Misery: On the Origins of Spiritual Retardation | Reality Sandwich

...So let me be perfectly clear:  Despite my politically-incorrect and regurgitant disgust at the chimpy-grinned and knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers that populate so much of the landscape of late capitalism, and despite the fact that my own t-shirt broadcast John Lennon's We All Shine On rather than Give War a Chance, I do not believe that I am so very different from the self-same primate cousin I have here described.  If I am different at all, I am somehow luckier.  But the question remains:  Why are so many so incredibly, so indelibly, ignorant?  I maintain that any one of us -- and every one of us -- possesses potentials of consciousness that rival any redeemer, except that we fail, and miserably so, for most of us are not even trying, and part of the reason for this was to be found within the aisles of a gas station convenient store in Muleshoe, Texas.
via: www.realitysandwich.com

No comments:

Post a Comment