Welcome to my blog.

This blog is a special place, it is a portal to a specific venue located in my mindscape. This venue is a spacious place, grand and filled with all that I am. It is here that I reside when I am not in transit, or not fulfilling my mission or tasks at hand.

It is a lobby, because it serves as a meeting place as well as a point of entry and exit for my travels.

This lobby is large, spacious enough to comfortably house all of my baggage that I have accumulated in my travels...physical, emotional, genetic, spiritual and of course galactic baggage.

Therefore it is furnished with eccentricities, art work that has yet to be seen, unfinished poetry, heroes yet unsung and music that has yet to be heard. This lobby also houses a library of information, some of which is meant to be shared, some of which is yet to be understood.

It is in this particular corner of my mindscape that I love to make myself comfortable, and I find myself gravitating and cocooning in this place as often as I can. It is filled with memorabilia and my collection of thinks and things that resonate with me. These things and thinks have crossed my path in my journeys.

This particular venue, this lobby, is accessible to you through this blog. By resonating with this blog you can visit this particular corner of my mindscape which intersects with a grand and special piece of your mindscape, where our worlds meet, where we can honor that place in each of us where the universe resides.

Welcome and Namaste.

Peace Be With You

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Space, Religion, and God....food for thought

NASA Astronauts Religion in Space Controversies: Genesis Reading, Moon Communion, Homage to Missionaries Anger Some | Suite101.com



Should Astronauts Be Allowed to Promote Religious Beliefs in Space? The Apollo 8 astronauts’ readings from the Book of Genesis, Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin’s taking of Communion on the moon, and Discovery astronaut Patrick Forrester’s carrying of a memento memorializing Christian missionaries have elicited heated debate.
via: suite101.com





Photo of Ray Bradbury.
Photo of Ray Bradbury. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



Sci-fi legend Ray Bradbury on God, 'monsters and angels' - Page 3 - CNN

The religious implications of space travel also mean much to Bradbury. Bradbury has been a relentless supporter of space exploration. Ascending to the heavens won't destroy God; it'll reinforce belief, he says. "We're moving more toward God," he says. "We're moving toward more proofs of his creation in other worlds he's created in other parts of the universe. Space travel will increase our belief in God."
via: articles.cnn.com





Why doesn't the Bible talk about the other planets?         

It is interesting to keep in mind, however, that the Bible mentioned that the Earth is round (Isa 40:22)(written in app. 700 B.C.) WELL before this was scientifically known (the Earth was thought to be flat) and that the stars were uncountable (Jer 33:22)(Gen 15:5) when it was believed there were about 1000 stars.
via: jesusalive.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment