Welcome to my blog.

This blog is a special place, it is a portal to a specific venue located in my mindscape. This venue is a spacious place, grand and filled with all that I am. It is here that I reside when I am not in transit, or not fulfilling my mission or tasks at hand.

It is a lobby, because it serves as a meeting place as well as a point of entry and exit for my travels.

This lobby is large, spacious enough to comfortably house all of my baggage that I have accumulated in my travels...physical, emotional, genetic, spiritual and of course galactic baggage.

Therefore it is furnished with eccentricities, art work that has yet to be seen, unfinished poetry, heroes yet unsung and music that has yet to be heard. This lobby also houses a library of information, some of which is meant to be shared, some of which is yet to be understood.

It is in this particular corner of my mindscape that I love to make myself comfortable, and I find myself gravitating and cocooning in this place as often as I can. It is filled with memorabilia and my collection of thinks and things that resonate with me. These things and thinks have crossed my path in my journeys.

This particular venue, this lobby, is accessible to you through this blog. By resonating with this blog you can visit this particular corner of my mindscape which intersects with a grand and special piece of your mindscape, where our worlds meet, where we can honor that place in each of us where the universe resides.

Welcome and Namaste.

Peace Be With You

Friday, June 8, 2012

Eccentric and Proud

English: Eccentric Club Menu December 1893, 18...English: Eccentric Club Menu December 1893, 184 x 407mm (7¼ x 16in) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



I read this article today, written by Sunfell in 2001, and absolutely loved it...want to share it. Below is a tiny excerpt from the article, take a look - I find it to be a refreshing call to arms to be yourself, an individual. Live and Love Life, Your Way!  Your Energies will thank you!!   I feel that eccentricity is "normal", and I want to see everyone "free to do their thing".  

Cultivating Eccentricity

"...Here are a few Secrets of the Inner Circle of Eccentricity to fine-tune your own brand of nonconformity: Throw away that Life Script! Most people believe that they have to live their lives according to some cultural ‘Life Script’. This is the cultural imperative to get a certain sort of job, get married, have kids, join certain clubs, churches, and political groups, drive certain cars, make a certain amount of money and live in a certain sort of house, and even get buried in a particular graveyard. If they do not achieve a goal listed in this fictional script, they become frustrated and think that they are failures. Or worse, if the goal in the script is less than satisfying, they are miserable, and end up on the Corrective Medication Life Prescription. To paraphrase Logan in "Logan’s Run": There is nooooooo life script! It is false, a red herring, an invention of the corporate cowboys which enables them to herd the bleating flocks of sheeple into the pens of commerce, where they are summarily fleeced. The corporate life script is deliberately written so that you will never obtain anything but temporary satisfaction with your life. You are meant to want and buy more and more stuff. You are meant to feel inadequate if you don’t keep up with your peers in all aspects of life. If you are feeling any way at all dissatisfied with your life, take a good close look at the source of your dissatisfaction. It is often not something within you at all. This is a good indicator that you are being dictated to and guided by some sort of life script that you did not write. Ceremonially shred and burn it. It’s YOUR life, damn it, live it YOUR way! Eccentrics buck the trend, and write their own scripts, or abandon them entirely. So you want to get your degree at 40? Why not? Never marry or have kids? Don’t! Drive an older car and live in a smaller house? It’s your right! Earn more than you spend? Do it, and you’ll be happier than 98% of the American public."

You can read the whole article here : via: www.sunfell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment